Monday, November 28, 2005

The Winds of Change

Well, sorry for such a long pause since my last blog. November has had its share of interesting events. Since my last post, the weather has taken a turn for the COLD!! This Thanksgiving weekend we had mid 30's for the high temp. Yesterday we saw a mostly cloudy day but today brought a day of rain, and now the cold winds have started blowing again. I think we are expecting mid 40's for most of the week.

The Greatest Place on Earth!

Bass Pro Shops of Clarksville, IN has offically opened its doors for business, and you better believe it has gotten my business! Courtney and I took a sunday stroll through the GIANORMOUS 2-story outdoor heaven that includes a Tracker Dealership, Theater, archery range, indoor driving range, 18-hole putt-putt, Resturant, Starbucks, and a stream that runs from one end of the store to the other! I have no more words to describe this magnificent landmark.


The next most recent event has been a farewell to the car washing and retrieval position I held at Lexus of Louisville. To make a long story short: Managment does not communicate well and therefore my benefits were screwed up, meaning I would have to wait until Feb to have benefits. This was not going to work for me, so I decided to pursue something that could offer me better pay, and a better benefits package for my family. I know that I will now have to work full-time to achieve these goals, but I have decided that family comes first, and school will get done at a little slower pace than expected. God has already provided some opportunities and interviews, so this process should go quickly.

Courtney is officially ready to pop. She can't get much bigger. Little Acevedo has dropped, in my opinion, and we should have an arrival in the next 10 days. But i'm no doctor, so who knows. Thank you all for your prayers this far in her pregnancy, and continue to pray please for a short, safe delivery.

Along with the winds of change will be a retirement of "The Great Move" as the current blog. With such a big change in our family, I will be starting a new title on the Acevedo blogspot, so be on the lookout for that in the coming weeks.

I miss 72 degree weather and all the friends and family that have gone with Thanksgiving the past 18 years. Kyle, I hope you still had band thanksgiving. Momma, I really can't wait for some rice and beans when you get here! JP, (read with a Strongbad voice) I tink you need to come visit me, and uhhh, u should bring da wife and da kid too! Dat would be suhweeet!

1 comment:

Lillian said...

Hey Alex!!!! I got a blog so i can talk to you people! lol. You know, you older ones. hehehe! Drop a line! I've been praying for you everyday.