Thursday, September 01, 2005

Recent Events

Hello to all. Courtney has made it home safe from her trip to Florida to help her brother and sister move into thier new college apartments. Momma is getting big, so that might have been her last trip before our little boy gets here.

Louisville life is not too bad. We had the windy rain associated with Katrina on Tuesday, and today was nice. I am actually upset cause I made a post last night about my thoughts as to what all is happening in our country, and it didn't load for some reason. I will give you the jist of it...

Basically I was upset tuesday morning because my feet were soaked from parking cars at Lexus in the rain. Later that day, a man on the labor crew that is installing tile into our shop had a seizure, and that made me realize how selfish I was to be upset at a wet pair of shoes. This was topped off by coming home and reading about the utter devistation of the Louisana and Mississippi shore from Katrina.

I encourage you all to pray not "if" you should help the victims of this event, but instead pray "how" can I help! I recently read that the city of New Orleans will be shut down for 2-3 months. We thought we had it bad when Hurrican Charley came around and we lost power for 3 days. Some have lost everything, including loved ones. I also beg you before you complain about how much it hurts to put $3/gallon gas in your car, to know that there are people who would pay dearly to have 5 gallons of gas at that price simply to get out of the devistated area.

"You are not making a sacrifice if it does not cost you something to give" - Unknown


Alex

1 comment:

Fourdaughters said...

Thanx for the perspective. Hope you guys are well. I am sure Courtney is about ready to go ahead and get labor and delevery over with. love you guys. cant wait to see you as parents.

always
@mber