Saturday, July 02, 2005

Well

Funny how you think you know the way things will go if you do these other things, and it ends up begin totally different than you expected. Obedience is a somewhat tough pill to swallow sometimes. We have convinced ourselves that we are being obedient only when things are going smooth. Perhaps obedience is quite the opposite. The surrender of one's self to a will that is not your own, for a glory that you cannot take part in. That would be considered obedience. Must once suffer to be obedient? After all, obedience is laying down that which you want to do, and taking up what you have been told to do. But is suffering considered not being happy? Discontentment with one's current circumstances does not necessarily mean that he or she is suffering. At least I dont think so.

That is a bit off the subject, but somewhat right on with how I feel today. Nothing bad has happened, and nothing tragic is going on... I just don't feel like I have established my place in Kentucky yet. No home, no job, living with mom-in-law; this is not how I imagined it. But I know that with time these things will put themselves into place. Patience is hard to come by when you live in such a 'have-it-now' culture.

Today we will go look at houses. There are lots of nice home builders in Lousiville, and very affordable too. We'll see what happens. Been in the house too long too, that might be why my mind is running overtime. A day out will do Courtney and I some good. Courtney is doing good. She had a bit of the stomach bug (non-preggo kind) that lasted a day. But I really haven't heard her say anything about her stomach bothering her since then. Perhaps it was the last hoorah for the preggo sickness! YIPEE!!!

Sure do home someone is checkin these blogs out. If not, at least I am keeping a journal now. :P

No comments: